Mouth watering Cookies – Wheat Semolina Cookies12th January 2021 By nehalroy
Cookies are baked or cooked food. Majorly the ingredients used in making cookies are flour, sugar and some type of oil or fat. We can then add other ingredients like nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, oats etc. We can also call it biscuits. Mostly we found them when we go to bakeries, but trust me if we can prepare such delicious cookies at home, then why to sit back….?
Though Refined flour makes an amazing and super tasty cookies but I still want to use wheat and semolina if I made it specifically for my daughter.
So, One of my favourite cookie is Wheat Semolina (Rawa) Cookies and here’s how i prepared the same for my family.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 2 cups sugar fine
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup milk cold
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom vanilla essence powder or 1 teaspoon
Steps to prepare :-
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Sift dry ingredients – wheat flour, semolina/ rava and salt together.
- Melt ghee and Add sugar and cold milk to it.
- Add this liquid to the dry ingredients and form a dough.
- Take small amount of the dough in your hands and roll it into a ball.
- Press gently and make it flat.
- You can add almond in the centre to decorate by gently pressing it.
- Make cookies in whatever shape you want and bake in an oven at 180 deg C for 15-20 minutes.
- The base will turn brown and the cookies will expand slightly on baking, so keep enough distance between them at first.
- Your mouth watering cookies are ready.
Note – These cookies tastes so yummy and can be stored till 8 days.