Home gardening – A peace of mind27th January 2021
Few major points we can keep in mind while doing home gardening –
- Select the right place where you can get proper sunlight, space and water supply.
- Prepare the soil.
- Planting the proper seeds, the proper way.
- Add required water.
- Give your plants room to grow.
For me, growing veggies in my garden is fun and it gives me a total peace of mind. My plants are my friends these days. Its totally rewarding when you start growing your plants at home.
Few more plants that took up home gardening space are spinach, green peas, tomatoes, green chilly but my favourites are Mint and Tulsi.
Mint – Mint also called pudina is really very easy to plant at home. we love to have fresh pudina ke chutney. they are amazing.
Pudina is highly medicinal plant and also widely used in many ayurvedic formulation for stomach problems.
I mostly grow mint from mint cuttings. I take the cuttings which have roots with them and directly plant them in pot and after few days we can see many new plants grow from that cuttings.
People also plant Mint from seeds, but I prefer cuttings only. They quickly spread all around your pot.
Benefits of Mint leaves –
- Improves brain function.
- Mask bad breathe.
- Easy to add to your diet.
- Improves cold symptoms.
- Helps relieve indigestion.
- Helps weight loss.
- Good for skin health.
- Removes dandruff.
- Treats headache.
- Beats fatigue.
- Promotes hair growth.
Tulsi – Tulsi is a sacred plant, also called as Holy basil. In Hinduism, tulsi is worshipped as a goddess and every part of the tulsi plant is revered and considered sacred plant.
Hindu people plants tulsi plant in front of or near to their home. A person who waters and cares for Tulsi daily is believed to gain Moksha. Every part of tulsi plant is revered and considered sacred. This is the native plant of india and is very aromatic.
We grow Tulsi at our home with the help of seeds. I saw when the seeds grow at tulsi stems in my pot and water them appropriately.
- It has anti bacterial property which helps to relieve cold.
- It helps to ease acidity.
- As an antioxidant it detoxifies the body.
- Consuming Tulsi water gives us a healthy body free of stress, anxiety and depression.
- Helps relieve congestion.
- Helps weight loss.
- Reduce body inflammation.
- Used for various medicinal properties.
- Boosts immune system.
- Helps in diabetes.
- Protects heart ailments.
- Leaves are good for kidneys.