Me and my 5 yr old daughter both loves to do Easy DIYs whenever we have free time. We love crafting and make our home a mess togather. We are always looking for some Easy DIYs which looks lovely and funny too. This one is the easiest of all which takes no time to prepare and every child can do that alone too.
Paper plate DIYs
Use Paper plates to create the characters which will turn up to a creative design.
Both of us love to create something unique and this time we have tried making Jellyfish from Paperplate that will make everyone happy. I have seen so much interaction with kids when they make it themselves. They love to save them from anything, thinking as they are real for them.
Complete it with easy steps to follow. I am sure every kid will love to do this.
- Paper plates
- Wax Colors
- Craft glue
- ribbons/colorful paper
- Gather all the materials.
- Take one paper plate.
- Draw a shape of semi circle on it.
- With the help of adult, Trim it down .
- Cut 2 eye shapes paper.
- Stick the eyes on the semicircle paper plate with the help of glue.
- You can add wax colours on paper plates (on the side you eat) of your choice to make jellyfish look more attractive and colorful.
- From the decorative paper, cut down 3-4 colourful ribbons.
- After you have stick the eyes on paper plate, turn back the paperplate and stick the ribbons one by one of same length with the help of glue. These will be jellyfish tentacles.
- Ensure those ribbons are nicely placed.
Note :- It develops child’s motor skill and valuable cutting practice which leads to a creative play for them.
Its real fun…right?
Mishika had a blast and enjoyed with this paper plate Jellyfish craft.
Try making other ocean animals or whatever you think you love to make from paper plates…Cheaper and easier option it is 🙂
P.S.: This blogpost is a part of DIY Blog Train hosted by Katerina , Anisha , Cheni Adukia and Danisha . We are here sharing so many unique DIYs which helps you keep your kids engaged creatively. I would like to thank Judy Morris for introducing me to this DIY blog train who is an avid traveller, a foodie and an interesting person to know. You can check out her thoughts HERE
Also, I would love to pass on this DIY blog train to my friend Silja, who is a Fashion and product designer by profession and a blogger. Check out her recent post on the same theme (DIY) HERE.