Lack of sleep is really very bad for health. Our body needs enough amount of sleep, thats 6-8 hours daily. That also affects our mental and emotional states. Long term sleep deprivation may have major chronic diseases as resultant. Medical issues like obesity, diabetes and heart related diseases are due to regular poor sleep routine. A proper good night sleep is very much necessary for a longer and healthier life.
Here are my remedies which you can try for a good night sleep :-
- Before going to sleep, make sure you wash your hands and legs, do head oil massage. You will get a good sleep.
- Consume 1/2 tsp honey.
- Take 1/4th portion of nutmeg mixed with water and have it for good sleep.
- Having Onion raita in dinner or before bedtimes gives good sleep.
- Make a drink of fennel seeds, milk and whole sugar with water. Drink it chilled.
- Calm down and meditate.
- Try to listen to soft music.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Don’t consume tummy full heavy dinner.
- Have enough gap between dinner and bedtime.
- Spray your favourite room freshener in your bedroom to have great sleep.
- Make sure you don’t have electronic devices in your bedroom, else try to minimize it. Turn cellphone on silent mode, keep it far away from your bed. so that you can have a relaxed mind and easy sleep.
- Mute your brain activity by counting reverse numbers like from 100 to 1.
- Take a hot/warm bath before going to bed.
- Media curfew is really a best option if practised daily.
- Darken your rooms and pray for 10-15 min before going to bed (Moms tip )
Home Remedies – Monsoon
Monsoon are joyous and refreshing time. People of each age loves to enjoy as soon as monsoon arrives. The sweet smell of sand, the sweet voice of peacock and frogs makes the atmosphere and our mood happiest to the peak. We welcome this change of season from hottie summer heat to a super cool monsoons.
Season of monsoon also gives rise to so many viral and bacterial diseases which needs extra care to keep yourself healthy and fit. Kids and elder people needs extra care of their health in this season. so its better to keep extra care of your health to keep yourself away from germs and bacteria. Mainly you have to take good care of digestive system. Also immunity level is very low. To keep yourself away from allergies, infections and indigestion follow few home remedies.
Few tips to follow :-
- While going out, keep umbrella, raincoat etc .
- Try to intake hot/warm foods and drinks in monsoon.
- Avoid having street foods in rainy season, as you can very easily fall ill.
- Don’t walk through dirty water as that can lead to various fungal infections in legs – specially nails and feet. Also, dry your feet when they get wet.
- Moisture your skin in monsoons, you need to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- To boost your immune system, have food rich in Vitamin C which also helps fighting infections.
- Drink soups, ginger tea, lemon tea and herbal tea to keep yourself warm.
- Avoid staying near damp walls, it can be harmful.
- If you find yourself wet in rain, add 2-3 caps of butadiene and have a bath with warm water into it to avoid any skin problems.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Apply mosquito repellents to keep mosquitoes away.
- Try to drink water which is either boiled or filtered because diseases mainly in this season are water borne.
- Maintain healthy diet.
- Avoid raw veggies and salads , else you can properly wash and clean them at home.
- Dont sit under AC if you find yourself or clothes wet in rain.
- Dont eat raw or uncooked food if possible.
- Have ginger, garlic, turmeric, pepper and coriander in your diet for better digestion.
- Avoid eating stale or leftovers.
- Wash your hands properly before having food.
Diseases common during monsoon are
- Skin allergies
This post is published for #OpenNTalk Blogger’s League hosted by Gleefulblogger & Wigglingpen in association with SummerBarn, Vedantika Herbals, Nyassa and Explore Kids World.
I would like to Thank Varsha who is a Mechanical engineer and Finance post-graduate having professional experience in Banking and Software. She is now a passionate blogger, an aspiring author, freelance content writer and an editor. She blogs at https://avibrandpalette.com
Also would take this opportunity to introduce Akshata, a Chartered Accountant by profession and a writer by passion.A Bibliophile, Dreamer, Story Teller, Shopaholic , Career woman who wants to shatter the glass ceiling and doting mommy of a toddler. Check out her at https://akswrites.com
And finally here is my beautiful team of 5 #BloggerBabes
Home Remedies – Pain in Teeth / Tooth ache
Tooth problems are the most common problems of the world. Major issues are tooth decay and cavities which are increasing in all age groups. Few factors are poor oral hygiene, not brushing the teeth twice, having regular alcohols. Severe tooth aches need to get treated else it will be a major problem in future like black or brown infected teeth, white stains, infection, tooth loss, etc.
Here are few home remedies which might be helpful :-
Asafoetida – Boil water and add asafoetida. Gargle with the same for sometime and check your pain must have gone.
Lemon juice – Mix oil, lemon juice and salt. Rub this mixture on teeth.
Salt – Add salt in warm water and do gargle for few minutes. Do this remedy after every 4 hours. A superb mouthwash too.
Coffee – Add Coffee powder in water and boil for sometime, now do gargle with the same mixture. Your pain will get minimised.
Clove – Take a cotton ball and add few drops of clove oil. keep it on the aching part of your teeth.
Peppermint leaves – Make a mixture of dry peppermint leaves in water and boil it. Its your wish to gargle or drink. Acts fantastic for tooth ache.
Turmeric – Have some turmeric powder, apply it on the affected teeth. Gargle after few min for good results.
Garlic – Rub garlic oil on the affected tooth.