Are you worried about your periods?27th January 2021
Its all about PERIOD CARE and How To Take Care of Delayed Periods/ Irregular Period cycles
What is Period ?
A period is a result of a cycle that takes place inside a girls body. Because of this menstrual cycle, it is possible for women to have babies. One may notice some early signs of periods coming for a week or 2 before it starts. But majority of these sign go away soon after your period begins. Sometimes, you may feel tired or need to take extra rest. Sometimes a headache or sometimes the need of nap. One may observe change in the body parts like swelling on breasts, breast soreness, food cravings, cramps in stomach, leg pains, uterus tightens, belly pain, feeling tired, bloating, back pain. You may observe some emotional symptoms like mood swings, anxiety, depression, confusion, having trouble sleeping, easily upset, feelings like crying, angry outbursts.
Here are some natural home remedies we can take to minimize the pain :-
- Take a hot water bath (Warm bath)
- Eat healthy food and follow a healthy diet.
- Perform gentle exercise.
- Try cold packs Get enough sleep .
- Sip warm drink
Its always a good idea to keep track of your periods. Have your own calendar, dairy or journal where you can mark down the periods dates. By keeping track of your periods cycle, you can watch the pattern and then it would be easy to expect your next period.
Why irregular periods (Reasons)
- High/Low body weight.
- Not having enough calories
- Hormonal imbalances
- Few medicine intake
- Exercising too much.
- Stress (Office deadlines, emotional imbalance, sudden travelling )
- Overeating (Binge eating)
- Some of them are very serious too.
If you are facing the issue of irregular periods, you are not alone.
As observed a spike of 20-25% in the number of patients coming for treatment for the same reason.
Due to this pandemic , everyones life is felt with a roller coaster effects. Specially women were hitted hard because of the change in routine, working from home, managing children and extra chores that too without outside help and financial uncertainty.
When we check on the normal cycle, it can be between 22-35 days. Any cycle thats 10 days more or less is irregular.
This also flares up PCOS and PCOD.
PCOD – Polycystic Ovary Disease – its a kind of hormonal disorder, when a woman has a number of small cysts in the ovaries. Its one of the major complication of the irregular periods but its curable.
PCOS – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a hormonal disorder that my cause infrequent/prolonged menstrual periods. Its that health condition in women where cysts get formed in the ovaries, caused by over production of hormones.
These symptoms can be managed and remarkable improvements are also being observed. We can follow best home remedies :-
- Follow right diet
- Adequate exercise
- Proper sleep.
- Include more fruits, veggies in diet
- Avoid dairy based products
- Have a diet thats rich in fibre with no or limited carbohydrates and processed foods
- Eat small frequent meals
- Have lot of water throughout the day
- Include some natural herbs to keep your hormones in control like methi dana, flax seeds and cinnamon
- Exercise 30-60 min a day to reduce insulin resistance.
There are many products found in market which can be of a great help to minimize the irregularity levels of periods.
I came across one of the brand which is exclusive ayurvedic. This brand has different products which are helpful and can give a better solution for delayed periods and helps regularise the period cycle and flow every month.
Namyaa, one of the best brand for feminine hygiene has launched their period care kit. Few amazing products which attracted me are
* Namyaa Anartava -For Delayed and Irregular Periods
This comes in the form of an Ayurvedic syrup for Stree Rosa Chikitsa. It comes with few ingredients like aloe vera, pippali, karanja, krishna-tila, kultha and other few herbs and extracts. Its find very beneficial and long lasting solution for delayed periods and it also helps regularise the period cycle.
Other benefits includes –
- Controls the flow while pacifying Data and Kapha.
- Free from all types of chemicals and artificial fragrance.
- No added synthetics or additives found.
- Helps restore the natural menstrual cycle.
- Promotes timely ovulation.
- Treats hormonal imbalance.
- Removes toxin.
- Purifies blood.
- Safe to consume.
- No side effects.
- 100% natural
Say goodbye to delayed or irregular periods with the ‘Namyaa Anartava – For Delayed and Irregular Periods’.
* Namyaa Aarthava Kshaya- For PCOD and PCOS
This comes in the form of pack of 60 tablets. As we discussed earlier about the PCOD and PCOS, this tablets helps treat the root cause of those.
Few benefits includes :-
- Restore hormonal balance.
- Restores doshas imbalance.
- Purifies blood.
- Improves fertility and immunity .
- Promotes ovulation time.
- Improves metabolism.
- No dangerous chemicals.
- No synthetics or any kind of added synthetics.
- Formulated with rare and certified herbs like Sahastravedi, pippali, neem, aloe vera, varuna, kulcha, kanchnar etc
* Namyaa ShwetKanika – For White Discharge
This comes in the pack of 60 tablets.
Few key features :-
- It Promotes timely ovulation.
- Eliminates unwanted odour.
- Relief from vaginal itching.
- Relief from burning sensation.
- Treats root cause of smelly white discharge.
- Contains goodness of ayurvedic herbs.
Comment down your thoughts around the same topic !!